This objective of this training course is to provide a step-by-step guide for configuring and using the Oracle Grid Infrastructure in a single server environment which forms the basis for expanding this infrastructure to a clustered server configuration.
Advanced database and storage administration tasks are considered, including Oracle Restart and Automatic Storage Management (ASM).
Duration: 2 days
What You Will Learn:
- Preparing a host system for the Grid Infrastructure and Oracle RDBMS installations and performing those installations.
- Preparing a host system for ASM storage management.
- Partitioning and configuration of storage devices for ASM storage on both Linux and MS Windows servers.
- Utilizing Oracle Restart for automatic sequencing and restarting of Oracle software components.
- Introduction to Oracle High-Availability Services including the Server Control and Clusterware Control utilities.
- Review the Oracle server stack architecture including operating system virtualization and storage subsystem virtualization layers.
- Using ASM for storage of some or all database files, thereby providing a database-centric and optimized storage and volume manager.
- Exploiting ASM storage from the Database Configuration Assistant (DBCA), Database Upgrade Assistant (DBUA) and the Enterprise Manager (EM) interface.
- Administration of an ASM instance and management of ASM disk groups.
- Implement advanced storage capabilities including Intelligent Data Placement, High-capacity disk drives and access control privileges.
- Manage storage systems using the ASM Configuration Assistant (ASMCA) and the ASM command-line interface (ASMCMD).
- Migrate a database from traditional file system storage to ASM storage.
- Monitoring performance and throughput of ASM devices.